0

American Priorities

Posted by sevensorrows on 11:47 AM in

I teach catechism classes for 1st year pre sacrament students (1st grade).
Today of course is Superbowl Sunday. Our leader was nice enough to have classes get out an hour early today (by 3pm). This way people could still get back home to their beloved game.
But sad to say, 1/2 of my class was absent today. What are we teaching our children?
Are we teaching them football over God, parties over prayer? We are teaching them that if something seems important, it is ok to put our faith on the back burner.
I don't even want to think any further about the drunkeness, gluttony, foul language, hosility, and gambling that our children may also have been exposed to today.
I am glad I am a nerd.

|

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 CatholicNerd All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.